Fascial Flagging Model
Fixing – The Movement Dysfunction
- The Fascial Flagging Modelhypothesize that the human body has a schema (head to toe) & MKT Tools exactly addresses the memory of the schema. The schema memory is based on the natural movement sequences; hence working on the fascia is like working on the movement disorder syndromes (MDS). The Fascial Flagging Model addresses fascia & myofascia, which connects neuro musculoskeletal, visceral & vascular connections. It follows the sequence where it’s more of three-dimensional approach considering the neurophysiology of Human Body. It also addresses fascial aponeurosis, ligaments, myotendinous junction, retinacula, periosteum, and intermuscular fibers as a fascial connective tissue, which is visible to naked eye but a forgotten Structure.
- The fascia registers the movement of muscles & the supporting connective tissue, which may be a true movement or a change in muscle tension. It is the ability of the fascia on perception of pain that is nociception is affected & severe pain is triggered & contributes lot of disturbance on the locomotor system. The Fascial Flagging Model especially concentrates on the fact that the fascia can contract without the influence of the associated skeletal muscle & it is possible that the fascia can go in relaxation after the flagging procedure of MKT Tools. Manual therapists are those who use direct hands on the body to achieve therapeutic results. While manual therapists believe nothing can enhance their manual palpation skills and the fact, it is true there are some qualities that cannot be replaced by human touch; there is considerable evidence that the use of instrument assisted soft tissue mobilization (IASTM) is making a major difference to myopain.
- The fascial therapies are outwardly applied mechanical force, which is associated with several fascial directed healing modalities. A modern development of the Guasha approach is the MKT tools technique, and this is fully described in current evolution of the Guasha approach, and this is fully described in this course.
- A deeper understanding reveals the effects that may be obtained through active and sometimes noticeable stimulation of fascial structures, as well as the benefits to be noted in terms of functionality and mobility when impenetrable areas of fascia are modified by these means, offers confidence to some of the early theories connected. The ability to achieve its beneficial therapeutic effects via changes in the colloidal state of loose connective tissue, allowing it to modify in response to light constant forces or heavier intermittent forces. This process is called as transformation of lesional fascial chain in to healthy fascial chain.
- In tissue, together with fascia, elastic fibers are intertwined with collagen fibers. This possession as well as the ratio of elastic to collagen fibers is vital in determining not only the mechanical assets of fascia but also the way fascia responds to inner and outer forces. Usually, the collagen fibers are enveloped around the elastic fibers and have common sites of attachment. The assembly between the two fibers is transverse, which apparently allows the collagen to return to its initial length resulting any type of pressure, or tension, being useful to the fascia.
- A number of cells are found in the fascial system. All other cells-including plasma cells, monocytes, lymphocytes, multinuclear eosinophil’s and basophils can migrate within the fascia tissue. Externally applied mechanical force is associated with several fascia directed therapeutic modalities. The potential benefits, cautions, and conceptual mechanisms associated with MKT tool therapeutic techniques.
- The tools Flagger, Eclipse, Dragor & Chisel are key to work on the fascial fibrotic changes, as fascia is the only malleable tissue, which can slide and also regulate function, of the tissues. The concept of loading and unloading of fascia forms the true concept from clinical point of view.
- The Myofascial system has a complicated and harmonized collaboration with the articular system, connective tissue, and neural system. A dysfunction in any of these mechanisms will result in a loss of dynamic stability and muscle equilibrium and finally evident itself as a source of musculoskeletal pain. Upon nourishing an injury, patients should be evaluated for rehabilitation to assess and identify the injury and its impact on normal daily activities. Effective treatment depends on accurate diagnosis, and treatment must be garnered to reduce pain, promote healing, and restore normal function.
COURSE DETAILS & ITINERARY
IASTM WITH MKT TOOLS is a two-day course and has a total credit of 20 HRS which includes 16 HRS of practical lab session and 4 HRS pre study.
9:00 am to 10:30 am
- Introduction to Fascial therapy & IASTM
- History & Evolution of IASTM.
- Structure, Function, Integrated role & Anatomical continuity of fascia.
- Fascial dysfunction, Fasciopathy, Densification & Thixotropy of soft tissue.
10:30 am to 10:45 am
10:45 am to 12:00 Noon
- Understanding densification of fascia with pain receptors & transforming lesional chains in to healthy fascial chain.
- Functional neurophysiology of fascial dysfunction & force transmission in healthy fascial chain.
- Faulty fascial biomechanics resulting in gesture, posture and distortion of the fascia & working on loading & unloading of fascia.
- Understanding pain & its sources in fascial perspective.
- Paradigm shift in treatment of soft tissue methods restoring dysfunction and Fasciopathy.
- Indication/ Contra Indication/ Precaution.
12:00 Noon to 1:00 pm
1:00 pm to 3:30 pm
- Classification and Instrument description.
- Treatment techniques for Fascial Fibrotic changes.
- Preliminary techniques and demonstration of strokes using Move Kinetic Tools.
- Stroke protocol for fascial injuries/dysfunction.
3:30 to 3:45
3:45 to 5:00
Role of IASTM in initiating establishing healing:
- Scanning and Diagnosis.
- Warming and Therapeutic strokes on fascia.
- Friction strokes and Cross Friction strokes.
- Deep strokes.
9:00 am to 12:00 Noon
- Myofascial Meridian approach.
- Advanced strokes advocated by Move Kinetic Tools which consist of:
- Movement assisted strokes
- Muscle splitting technique
- Collagen crimping technique
- Edema management and lymphatic technique.
- Clinical pearls pertaining to force transmission for common fascial dysfunction.
- Principals of Rehabilitation & Cross function treatment for trigger points.
- Neural Fascial Techniques
- Upper Extremity Nerve Bias
- Lower Extremity Nerve Bias
- Scar Specific Friction applications.
12:00 Noon to 1:00 pm
1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- Implication of MKT Tools on Movement Coordination, Injury & Fascial force transmission.
- Therapeutic use which includes Melting, Crimping of the Fascia the magical sense organ for human performance.
- Treatment techniques & Selection of tools on various Muscles are as follows:
- Head, Neck, Face: Masseter, Digastric, Sternocleidomastoid.
- Cervical Spine: Semispinalis Capitis, Scalene and Upper Trapezius.
- Shoulder: Deltoid, Triceps, Biceps, Latissimus Dorsi, Supraspinatus and Infraspinatus.
- Thoracic Spine: Rhomboids, Thoracolumbar Fascia.
- Lumbar Spine: Gluteus Muscles, Tensor Fasciae Latae.
- Abdominal: Rectus Abdominus, Internal & External Obliques.
- Anterior Lower Leg: Retinaculum of Knee, Tibialis Anterior, Peroneal Muscles.
- Posterior Lower Leg: Popliteus, Gastrocsoleus.
- Treatment technique & Selection of tools on various Tendon & Ligament Injuries.
- Insertional Tendon of Pectoral Muscles.
- Biceps Femoris Tendon, Semitendinosus & Semimembranosus Tendon.
- Patella & Achilles Tendon Injury.
4:00 to 5:00 PM
- Treatment technique & General guidelines for Acute & Chronic Musculoskeletal Conditions:
- (a) Acute Conditions: Tennis Elbow, Golfers Elbow, Neck Pain, Low Back Pain, Plantar Fasciitis, Rotator Cuff Tendinitis, Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome, Dequerivans Tenosynovitis.
- (b) Chronic Conditions: Myopain & Restricted Range of Motion, Sprain, Strain, Prolonged Bursitis, IT Band Syndrome, Tendinitis of Wrist, Post surgical Joint Stiffness, Shin Splint Syndromes.